How to Clean Your Glasses
Cleaning your glasses regularly is essential to keeping them looking new and to maintaining good eye health.
Supplies: Lens cleaner and microfiber cloth that come with your frames.
- Spray the lenses on both sides.
- Wipe an even, circular motion.
Supplies: Lotion-free dish soap, sink and lint-free towel.
- Wash your hands and apply a small amount of lotion-free dish soap to the glasses and rub it in.
- Rinse them under warm water.
- Dry the frames with a lint-free towel or microfiber cloth.
Expert Tip: It's best to keep your lens cloth clean as well.
When you’re not wearing your glasses, store them in an eyeglass case to keep them safe. Make sure to keep them away from places that get too hot as heat can warp your frames and cause the coating to peel. Keeping your glasses clean can prevent scratches, smudges, and can preserve any lens coatings. Never use paper products, ammonia-based cleaners, or your clothing to clean your frames.